Pages

Saturday 14 March 2015

Teritip Crocodile Farm

The first time I got closer to a croc was during my trip to Balikpapan. We visited this crocodile farm as part of our journey to Borneo island. 

Yeah, if only the predators inside the farm, were this cute!

The breeding center is situated at Teritip, Balikpapan. It's a small center near the Manggar beach.
There are more than a thousand of this reptile including the famous Borneo crocs, the Muara crocs, Supit crocs, and fresh water crocs. 

At first, my thought wandered around..like what it would be like or how huge this center was. But after we arrived there, it is actually a small center with the farm packed with crocs, big ones! 
And every time we get pass through each pool, they would make a move as if trying to say, "I smell you!" Hahaha.. *No I couldn't laugh at that moment 'cause I was too terrified if they jumped out from the wire-meshed cage! 

Lazy cozy croc..Let it sleep, for when it wakes up, it would eat you up.
These crocodiles are half-meter up to 10 meter long! It's incredible. And the one in the picture was about 6 meter long. It couldn't even fit in my camera frame! 

I don't think this farm has enough safety because there is only this thin wire fence that literally separates us!

This crocodile breeding center is a privately owned business established in 1990. The purpose is to meet the exotic-skin bags demand. 

"Baby I'm preyin' on you tonight, hunt you down eat you alive!"
Familiar with this song lyrics? Hahaha!
  
teritip
CROCODILE RIDE - FOR FREE
An irresponsibly silly person wrote this
This farm would be a great tourism destination in Balikpapan, if it were well-managed. Like those doors made from wooden, I'm not sure if that's safe enough. Well, at least they didn't jump on me. 

Entrance fee: Rp. 10,000,-
Operational hour: 8 am - 5 pm everyday

No comments:

Post a Comment